Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Santouka Ramen!

As you all know, I am always on the hunt for good grub. One of my favorite comfort foods is Ramen. I was delighted to find out from AndHua that Santouka opened recently in the "new" Mitsuwa of San Jose. At first I was perplexed to learn of a "new" Mitsuwa. I knew of one Mitsuwa, but it was definitely not new...

Our Conversation went a little like this...

A: What are you up to?
L: I have training all week and am going to get lunch in San Jose
A: Where are you going to go?
L: I am thinking of going down to get some Banh Mi. I have been dying to try Huong Lan.
A: Sounds NOMS. Have you been to Santouka yet?
L: THERE IS A SANTOUKA HERE!?!
A: Yeah, it is in the new Mitsuwa Market
L: There is a new Mitsuwa?

20 minutes later...

L: I am at Santouka!
A: What happened to getting Banh Mi?
L: I got distracted by Ramen!

I am glad I took my chances and just went to the "old" Mitsuwa. Turns out there is only one Mitsuwa in San Jose. It was recently remodeled and that is why AH was confused.

Santouka!

There was a pretty long line when I got there. I was waiting about 15 minutes, when I realized that I didn't have any cash on me. Thankfully, there was a BofA ATM in the food court. Even though, I lost my spot in line, it was okay because the service moved pretty quickly.

At this point, I was famished, and I am so glad I got the combo deal. I got the miso broth with regular pork. The soup was piping hot (something that is requisite for great ramen). The flavors were delicate and perfectly balanced. The noodles were crisp and hearty. Overall, definitely worth the drive and detour!

Rice with Leeks

Miso Ramen

Man, I want a bowl right now.

Santouka Ramen 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment