Wednesday, January 14, 2009

For Better or For Worse...

Graduate school can be many things to many people. A bit more on the subject in a later post... Maybe I should be focusing my energies on curing cancer as I wrote about in my personal statement for graduate school. Better yet, I should be reading that paper for journal club tomorrow. But who would want to read a blog about that or life in the lab?

The one great thing about graduate school is that it is what you make it of it. I could go to lab on the weekends, and often I do, but there are so many other things that demand my attention. For instance, last Friday, I could have either 1) started an experiment at 3PM, or 2) booked it and have dinner in the city with some friends? As most of you have probably guessed by now , I chose option 2.

Clearly, I often choose option 2! What is great about that is that as a graduate student recessions are things you read about in the news... if anything, it just means that the economy is going to be great by the time I graduate! So this blog a chronicle my life as a grub hunter, as I scour the world for the best food, drinks, and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment