Friday, February 13, 2009

Just My Luck

My friends... If you need more proof about how unlucky you could be during your Ben Ming Nian, you don't need to look far! Originally I was going to blog about how I finally made it to the Cheeseboard and Brasil Cafe! But that is going to have to wait...

Last night, we celebrated AK's birthday at Vessel. I had debated (well not really, because partying always wins when you weigh school/work vs. anything fun) not going because I knew I was going to be taking a few birthday shots, meaning that I would have to spend the night in SF, and had class the following morning at 9AM. All was going well. I even woke up at 7AM to get ready so that I wouldn't have to rush to get back to PA.

As luck would have it, I woke up to find that my car was missing!! So were all of the other cars that were parked on the street last night! After a minor freak out session, I put two and two together and realized that my car had been towed. I am usually very careful about where I park, because the City of San Francisco does not need any more of my money. However, since I park in SOMA frequently and know the street cleaning schedules of the named cross streets I deduced that based on the obvious street cleaning car route, I could have park on the east side of 3rd St. without worrying about getting a ticket. (wow I sound like a nerd). This is where I made my mistake! They f'ing clean the streets everyday on the numbered streets. You would think that the streets would be cleaner!

Fortunately, retrieving my car proved to be a painless process. Unlike the horrid stories about the Philadelphia Parking Authority (via the hit television series "Parking Wars"), the people at the SF lot were actually really nice and helpful. I got in and out in 5 minutes.

I am down $300 and won't be eating out for a month... I wonder how this challenge will compare to my new year's resolution. haha

1 comment:

  1. omg ohno luis!!! well im glad it was easy for you to get ur car back :o) $300 aint too bad!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete