Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Korean BBQ Tacos? You Better Believe It!

After reading an article on AAM, I just couldn't resist blogging about Kogi Taco Truck, the meals on wheels craze where Korean barbecue meets the Mexican taco truck. This is seriously the perfect late night treat after a long or maybe even short (for all of my friends who suffer from the glow) night of bar-hopping. When I was in L.A. last Thanksgiving, shortly after Kogi's opening and by sheer divine intervention, I was lucky enough to eat here before everyone else got in on the secret.

We just happened to be parked at a garage in front of the truck. At first, the thought of Korean tacos didn't seem too appealing. Reminiscent of my Philly days, I gave it a try. THEY NEED TO COME TO THE BAY AREA! Not only did we eat their food, but JH practically became a member of the collective by taking orders and becoming the spokesperson for the Kogi 2008-2009 ad campaign! I think that she is one of the main reasons why Kogi has witnessed exponential growth in the last three months. According to AAM, Kogi draws some 300 to 800 people everytime it parks! In all seriousness, I think JH should be getting some royalties or something.

JH taking people's ordersAK enjoying some Kalbi Tacos!
JH, Kogi's spokesperson, 2008-2009 Kogi Ad campaign

Unfortunately, I didn't take a good picture of the food, so I am going to post some pics from their website, because my pictures would simply put, not do it justice...

Kalbi Short Ribs

You might be wondering why I state that this meeting was one of divine intervention. Apparently to find the Kogi truck, you now have to be in the know -- on Twitter. I am not on Twitter, but I am clearly in the know. j/k. Basically, the Twitter feed tells you where it's going to be on a given night, down to the hour. So if you are in L.A. go on twitter and get yourself some Kogi. I am jealous.



Kogi 5/5

2 comments: