Sunday, July 12, 2009

Katsu, and Meat Jun, and Takoyaki Oh My!

According to Wikipedia (what would we do without it?) Shirokiya was one of Japan's oldest department stores during the early 20th century. By the turn of the century however, Shirokiya was largely dissolved and now survives as a single department store in Honolulu's Ala Moana shopping center. Boy, am I thankful that it is thriving in Hawai'i because I would not mind lost in their food court. I say you would need several days at minimum to consume everything that the store has to offer! Feast your eyes on Shirokiya goodies!

Takoyaki

Taiyaki

Tempura and Katsu Bentos

Tempura and Andagi

Kimbap, Jun, and Banchan

Musubi

Tonkatsu
Assorted Sushi

Sashimi

Sadly, I only gave myself one meal slot to enjoy all that is Shirokiya. Nonetheless, I helped myself to a balanced hearty meal of...

Katsu Curry

Sashimi

Takoyaki

Of course, a meal would not be complete without some desert!!!!!

Black Sesame Mochicream

Shirokiya, please come to the mainland!

Shirokiya 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment