Monday, March 30, 2009

In Search of Banh Mi!

For some reason, I had a huge craving for some Banh Mi. I think I was craving the sweet and sour deliciousness of the pickled turnip and carrots that are usually found in them.

On my quest, I discovered this hole in the wall in Sunnyvale named Cam Hung. I obviously need to work on restraining myself, but I got both the BBQ Chicken Rice Plate and a BBQ Pork Sandwich. The rice plate was okay. I think it would be a lot better early in the day when the Chicken comes fresh out of the oven. The BBQ Pork Sandwich on the other hand was delicious! The bread was soft, yet thick, and crispy. The pickled carrots and turnip were crisp and had the right amount of sweet and sour flavors. The best part was that it was only $2.85! AAAAANNNNNNNNDD they have Mangosteen juice!!!! It comes in a can, but c'mon where else can you get Mangosteen?


BBQ Chicken over Rice ($6)
BBQ Pork Banh Mi ($2.85)

Cam Hung (3.5/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment