Friday, March 20, 2009

King of Burgers

Every now and then, there are lists about the best burgers in America. See GQ's 20 hamburgers you must eat before you die. So far, I have eaten at #5 Barclay Prime and #4 Rouge. I don't know if the Kobe sliders and Rouge Burger were as to die for as GQ claims, but man would I love to eat one now.

Since I am not necessarily limiting myself to writing about Bay Area eateries, I might mention that the Shake Shack in New York is one place GQ's list omits. I think there are two or three locations in NYC now. I have only been to the stand in Madison Square Park, so I won't be able to tell you much about the other locations... However, since the MSP location is where all the magic began, I recommend you go there first. The line can be long, but the burgers and shakes are definitely worth the wait.


Shake Shack MSP

My favorite thing to get is the Shack Stack ($9.5): Two cheeseburgers and a 'shroom burger topped with lettuce, tomato and Shack sauce.


Togo BagShack Stack

My pictures clearly do not do this burger justice. But as you can see from my fat arm, the burger is doing its job. Go early and go hungry! As many of my readers know, I missed out on heading out east this weekend. I am doubly sad because I won't get to see my A list and because I won't get to grub hunt in the big apple. Roughing it in LA until we meet again!

Shake Shack 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment