Monday, March 30, 2009

South Bound

The weather and traffic suck like none other... but there are some things to be loved about LA! Below I present the delectable Din Tai Fung Dumpling House, located a mere five minute drive from my sister's place! They make some of the best Xiao Long Bao's I have ever tasted this side of the Pacific! (Close second to Richmond, BC's Shanghai River XLBs) Apparently, it has been selected as one of the top ten restaurants in the WORLD by the NYT. So I guess, I am a bit late to the game.

Classic XLB!

I'd like to think of myself as the one responsible for the success of Kogi Taco Truck (j/k), which I am patiently twitter stalking. Alas, I won't be able to take the same kind of credit for the discovery of DTF. Actually, much credit goes to fellow foodist KW.

I am kind of sad that they didn't steam my buns in bamboo steamers, which in my crazy world makes them taste just a tad much better. Nonetheless, I have no complaints. Feast your eyes on ten delicious XLB's!

Ding Tai Fung 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment