Monday, March 30, 2009

Taqueria Showdown!

A couple of weeks ago, LM discovered the wonder that is Taqueria La Bamba. Soon after, she told me about it, and as sure as proteins are translated from RNA transcripts, I went and engorged myself on mexican and salvadorean treats!

As you all know, I suck at restrained ordering. In one sitting, I stuffed myself with a Carnitas Super Burritos, Pork Tamales, and Pork Pupusas, and Alfajores! All for about $12.

Carnitas Super Burrito
Pork TamalesPork Pupusa

I hear that there are more taquerias per capita in Redwood City than anywhere else in California. Only a fifteen minute drive, I have tried many a taqueria. La Bamba is definitely my favorite (in Mountain View) within a short drive. This unassuming whole in the wall is definitely worth a visit.

How these burritos compare to those from Taqueria la Victoria down in San Jose is still debatable. Below is AH enjoying a very tasty Super Burrito. As you all may or may not know, La Vic's is home to the "orange sauce." I have no idea what is in it or what is is made of. It doesn't matter really, because I love love LOVE the orange sauce! Did you know that you can buy a bottle for $6? Maybe I should buy some sauce and put it on a La Bamba Carnitas burrito... Tempting! Oh and they are open until 3AM. How ggrrrrrreeeeat is that? Nothing stays open that late down here... It's a bit of a drive, but definitely worth it.

Super Burrito ($5.95)Nachos ($3.5)

I am going to have to order both on the same night and do a real taste test soon! Any one down for the challenge?

Taqueria la Bamba 4/5
Taqueria la Victoria 4/5

2 comments:

  1. im sad we dont live in the same city. i need someone to go on a fish taco show down with me.

    ReplyDelete